Social Chat Application
The client was a startup that aimed to build a fully featured chat application with a focus on an innovative contact list.
The key customer requirements included:
- iOS Mobile App with a fully featured chat and social engineering twist on the contact list
- Desktop Web Chat Application
- Fully Featured Chat Server with support for multiple simultaneous user devices
- Chat Bot that allows users to engage with third party services
The Solution in Brief
- iOS Mobile App: The DeviceDriven team developed an iOS mobile application that provided fully featured one-to-one chat and group chat features with presence status. The chat application supported file uploads and exchange of location and contact cards. The key differentiating feature of the application was an innovative social engineering twist on the user’s contact list. The app used the XMPP based chat protocol to implement the chat features.
- Desktop Web Chat Application: The desktop web chat application was implemented as an SPA based on Jquery, Mustache and the XMPP based Strophe library.
- Chat Server: The server side was based on the OpenFire XMPP Chat server and an external application server which provided additional chat features.
- Chat-Bot: The application server also implemented a chat-bot that allowed users to interact with a number of third party services likes deal services and news services. The application server was responsible for monitoring user chats and intelligently responding with data pulled from external services.
The DeviceDriven team provided a full-fledged implementation of the service and provided support and maintenance services for the product over its lifetime.
Tags: Java, J2EE, XMPP, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL,iOS, Jquery, Mustache, S3