Object Storage Management Solution
The customer is startup who provides an Object Storage solution for Enterprise customers who are looking for a storage solution that can reduce their storage costs and manage their workloads in a more transparent fashion.
The key business requirements put forward by the customer included:
- The management solution will serve as the next generation of the current console.
- The product will provide a single point solution to manage the cluster of storage servers in the cloud.
- The application should provide real-time reports of all activity across the cluster
- The customer is also seeking to extend the core storage platform with real time replication and other capabilities.
- The replication module will be based on a sophisticated rule-based system.
- The system can be easily configured to work with other cloud services such as AWS S3
- Server monitoring using Elastic Search, Logstash & Kibana platform
The Solution in Brief
DeviceDriven worked with the customer to create the next generation management solution for their product and also implemented key extensions to the core platform.
- Technology Stack: The Management Solution was implemented as a Java8/J2EE based stack which included Spring, Spring Data, Hibernate, Redis, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ and Postgres. The application front-end was implemented as a HTML5, AngularJS, Bootstrap application. The web front-end interacted with the J2EE based backend over a set of REST API’s which were secured using Spring Security.
- The Rule Engine module provides a sophisticated yet intuitive web interface which allows users to create flexible rules that are processed by the replication engine.
- The core object storage solution which was implemented using Python, Cassandra and Postgres exposed a set of REST API’s via which various metrics were made available to the management application.
C.The DeviceDriven team also worked on the core Python platform developing various API’s and implementing a replication module. Based on the configured rule-set the replicate engine will perform real-time replications of objects within the cluster and also to third party storage services, thereby providing customers with a significant level of flexibility in how they manage their data.
Tags: Python, Cassandra, Java8, J2EE, Spring, Spring Data, Hibernate, MySQL(PostgreSQL) , Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, HTML5, AngularJS, Bootstrap, CSS, Zookeeper, S3, SQS,Celery(Distributed Platform)